process from our Collections Management Policy:
Return to Collections
Section VII. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE COLLECTION
1. The Collections and their records may be used for research purposes by the SHS staff, staff from other institutions, scholars, students and other responsible parties. No material will be removed without the Collection Managers approval.
2. Research access will be scheduled with the Collections Manager during regular hours set for this purpose.
3. A researcher application will be completed by non-SHS staff prior to access.
4. Handling and photocopying of certain paper and textile collections may be restricted because of size, fragility, or other considerations.
5. Access to certain types of information may be denied or restricted, including name and address of the donor. The researcher will be informed of the nature of the restriction(s).
6. In most cases, examination of collections will be limited to designated areas.
7. SHS will receive a complimentary copy of any publication or video/film that either describes or reproduces any material from the collection.
8. The U.S. Copyright law authorizes libraries and archives to furnish photocopies and reproductions of copyrighted material only under certain specified conditions. Such copies may not be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by ″fair use″ of the U. S. Copyright Law, requires the written permission of the copyright owners. It is the users obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in this collection.
9. SHS reserves the right to refuse a copying orders if, in its judgment, fulfillment of that order would involve violation of this law.
Collection objects, images and other material may not be photographed without the advance approval of the Collection Manager.
SHS may charge fees to pay for the cost of research time, photography, photocopying, and mailing requested by patrons.
If you see corrections or can identify people in our
photographs, please email us at email@example.com
Return to Collections